The next significant expedition to Chaco Canyon was in 1896. It was called the Hyde Exploring Expedition and it was financed by Talbot and Frederick Hyde. They were not disappointed. One room alone was filled with 114 pottery jars and 18 pitchers. Each was covered in black and white geometric designs. Room after room produced incredible artifacts. At the the end of the first year an entire railroad car was filled and sent to the American Museum of Natural History in New York. It took them four years to excavate 190 rooms and kivas at Pueblo Bonito. They found flutes, baskets, more than fifty thousand pieces of turquoise, ten thousand pieces of pottery, bows and arrows, and thousands of stone implements.